The Municipality of South Dundas has a multi-faceted waste management program. It provides curb side, residential garbage pick-up. Businesses are permitted to take advantage of this pick-up but must comply with the Municipality’s garbage policies (below).
Please note: Each household may place a maximum of two garbage bags per week at curb side. Houses that exceed this limit will be identified to the By-Law Enforcement Officer for follow up.
Any additional garbage bags must be in an authorized garbage bag purchased from various locations in the Municipality:
The price of additional garbage bags is $1.25 per bag.
There is no limit to the amount of recycling that can be placed at curb side; residents are encouraged to recycle applicable materials.
Please note that the South Dundas Garbage Schedule is mailed to each resident twice a year in the South Dundas 360 Community Guide.
For any specific customer service inquiries or comments, please contact Miller Waste Systems' customer service telephone line at 1-844-823-7511.
Please note that the Garbage and Recycling schedule is postponed one day on Christmas and New Years. It will remain unaffected on all other holidays.
· Refuse must be placed at curb side no later than 7:00 am on the day of collection
· Empty containers must be removed from the curb side no later than 8:00 pm on the day of collection
· Each resident may place a maximum of two bags per week. Any garbage in excess of the two bags must be in an approved bag purchased from the Municipal Office or its authorized sellers
· Bags not collected must be removed from the curb side by 8:00 pm on the day of collection
· Garbage bags must be securely tied, maximum width 66 cm (26”) maximum height of 91 cm (36”), and do not exceed 22.5 kg (50 lb). No oversized leaf and yard bags.
· Residents may use a garbage container that does not exceed the above measures and weight when full – no 45-gallon drums or tote carts.
· No person shall place for collection any garbage in front of any address except the address at which the garbage is generated.
· Recyclable material (see below), tires, demolition and construction material, animal feces, liquids, furniture and appliances, paints, oils, batteries, propane tanks and other hazardous material will not be collected.
· Any broken glass must be wrapped in paper or other hazardous material will not be collected.