The Matilda Landfill site will re-open to the public starting on May 12, 2020. Regular operating hours will be followed and are as follows:
Tuesday & Thursday
8:00 am – 1:00 pm
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
In order to protect our staff and the community, we have implemented safety procedures. Please read the guidelines before your visit.
Matilda Landfill Site User procedures to prevent spread of COVID-19
1. Users who have recently been out of the country and are to be self quarantining or users having any of the listed symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to be at the landfill to protect other users and Municipal staff.
2. Site users must stay in their vehicles at all times unless unloading their vehicle, landfill attendants will approach users in their vehicles for payment or communication.
3. Site users shall not bring more than 1 person with them to the landfill site, any vehicle with more than 2 individuals will be turned away at the gate.
4. Site users shall pay in debit or on a pre-existing charge account, no other form of payment will be accepted. Individuals without a proper form of payment will be asked to leave and will not be permitted to offload materials.
5. Only 2 users are permitted at each offloading station marked at each section of the landfill. All other users must wait patiently at the attendants building until an attendant permits entry.
6. Users are not to pick through, scavenge, or touch any other offloaded materials at the site.
7. Users are asked to only make trips that are necessary. Users are asked to answer the attendant’s questions regarding load composition promptly and keep conversation to a minimum during this time.
8. Users are not permitted to walk over to or engage with other site users.
9. Any user acting in contradiction of any of these site rules during COVID-19 will be removed and not permitted back.