- Targeted to businesses and economic developers.
- Supports projects that create jobs, encourages innovation, collaboration and cluster development
- Attract private sector Investment
- To be eligible for the business stream, businesses need to:
- employ at least 10 people
- commit to creating at least 10 new jobs
- be able to provide 3 years of operations/financial statements
- be located in, or plan to locate in, a community in eastern Ontario
- invest at least $500,000 in their project
Up to 15% of eligible project costs for a maximum grant of $1.5 million. Investments of more than $10 million that also create more than 50 new jobs may be eligible for a loan of up to $5 million.
Businesses, business associations and entrepreneurs can get funding for projects to enhance productivity and help them compete in the global marketplace.
New Economy Stream:
The New Economy Stream provides funding for private sector organizations to:
- build innovation capacity
- improve productivity, performance and competitiveness
- increase access to global markets
This stream is available for projects with at least $10 million in eligible project costs. It is aimed at projects in Ontario’s key sectors, including advanced manufacturing, life sciences, and information and communications technologies.
Food and Beverage Growth Fund Stream:
The Food and Beverage Growth Fund provides funding for strategic investments that:
- help create sustainable jobs
- enhance innovation, productivity and market access
- strengthen supply chains in the food, beverage and bioproduct processing sectors
This fund is available for food, beverage and bioproduct processing projects across the province with more than $5 million in eligible costs.
Investing in Business Growth and Productivity Fund:
Assists existing southern Ontario businesses to adopt new technologies that have the potential to improve productivity and expand their operations.
Investing in Business Innovation Fund:
Fosters a more competitive southern Ontario economy by encouraging the development of partnerships between entrepreneurs and investors to support early-stage, globally-oriented businesses with the ability to become world-leading innovators.
Investing in Commercialization Partnerships Fund:
Addresses innovation and commercialization, and encourages collaboration to improve Ontario's productivity performance so that the region can compete on an international platform.
The Municipality of South Dundas does not levy development charges. These charges can easily add several thousands of dollars to a development project and in some cases much more.