The Municipality of South Dundas
Popular Pages

Consent to Sever

One of the most frequent means of subdividing land is by consent to sever. The approval body for these development forms must have regard for provincial planning policies as well as ensuring compliance to the Official Plan and, subsequently, the Zoning Bylaw and other relevant requirements.

In order to sell, mortgage or charge a portion of your land, consent must be obtained through the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. In order to submit an application for Consent to Sever, you must first pre-consult with the Municipality of South Dundas Planning Department as well as the Planning Services Department at the United Counties.

For more information about the application process and associated fees, as well as to obtain the application form and accompanying documents, please visit the United Counties Website.