The Municipality of South Dundas
Popular Pages

Minor Variance

A minor variance is a process that seeks relief from specific requirements within the Zoning By-law. While a zoning amendment seeks to change the use of a property, a minor variance seeks relief from specific provisions such as (but not limited to) a setback requirement, parking requirements and lot dimensions.

Minor variances are ruled on by a panel known as the Committee of Adjustment. Before filling out an application, it is advisable to consult with Municipal planning staff to determine the nature and extent of the minor variance needed.

For more information on the minor variance process, please contact the Building Department at 613-543-2673 .